White Wash

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Retreat Weekend
April 24, 2012

Last weekend GiGi’s hosted a small group, but WOW did we have fun!  Two ladies from the Springfield area and two ladies from Centralia were crop’in their hearts out at GiGi’s.  Although Springfield is not local, Centralia is only about a 15 minute drive from GiGi’s.

My new Springfield friends were simply delightful! 
Deb and Sally
This was their FIRST…EVER retreat weekend.  I can’t even believe there are still retreat virgins out there!  So they were a little shy at first but soon were working feverishly to complete a wedding album and various pages.  They did take some time out to sit on the porch and take a few pictures of the beautiful flowers in bloom here at GiGi’s. 
Clematis
Clematis

Deb is a nurse at a wound hospital (I hope I got that right!) and she love love loves her job!  She works hard and it was nice to see her relax and rejuvenate.  Sally, Deb’s daughter, is a stay at home Mom of two girls.  This was her first time away from her 8 month old.  So I could tell toward the end of the weekend she was missing her baby.  But Dad kept her up to date with the little ones activities with text and pictures.  She too was very deserving of some relaxation.  On Sunday, and I hate Sunday’s…only because my friends leave me, Deb gave me a boomerang book.  I was so surprised at her beautiful gift!  I can’t wait to get some pictures in it and show it off.  How clever, I had never heard of a boomerang album, but they are fabulous!  Thank you Deb!

My other two guests were friends of GiGi’s.  Lisa and Julie, what a HOOT!  These two were really the entertainment for the weekend!  I am telling you I laughed so hard at these two at times, my stomach hurt!  It was good to see them both relax and have a great time.  Lisa taught me how to make felt flowers!  How darling these little flowers are (the ones on Julie's top)!  I know exactly what I am going to do with these cuties!  You will have to check back to see…J
Deb and Julie posing with the Coffee Cake
It was a FABULOUS weekend!  Spent time with new friends and old friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment