White Wash

Monday, March 26, 2012

North Meets South at GiGi's

A wonderful group of Ladies wereat GiGi’s this weekend.  They are from the Champaign Illinois area, this is their 4th time at GiGi’s-and they brought a new friend!  Then a lady that makes the most beautiful cards from the Paducah Kentucky area called and asked to join them (they had met last October and shared a weekend at GiGi’s) I was delighted to have her back and she brought a new friend with her too.  So once again the North meets the South at GiGi’s! 

I always get so excited before guests arrive.  I have nervous energy-I run from room to room ensuring everything is in place and perfect.  When they arrive I hold myself back from bolting out the door to greet them!  I am a dork!  I feel like a little kid inside, jumping up and down with excitement.  I never thought in a MILLION years that I would so enjoy hostess-ing as much as I do.  In all the jobs I have ever had, I always enjoyed being the behind the scene type that ensured it was perfect for the host and guests.

They had a great time!  We celebrated Mary’s Birthday!  It was tons of fun!  I have already Facebook-ed the photos but here are a few of the girls having fun!
Jan, Mary and Vicki

Sue and Maudine

Celebrating Mary's Birthday with Blue Juice!

I Have Some of the BEST Friends!
The week before this weekend was rough, my kids and husband had been sick.  We seem to catch all the bugs and viruses going around-lucky us!  So, needless to say, I was behind in my ‘getting ready’ schedule.  I was a mess!  Then a dear friend, Lisa asked me to come to her house for lunch on Thursday.  I really looked forward to meeting up and doing some ‘girl talk’, sharing Pinterest finds, you know all those things you do with your girlfriends.  She asked me if I was ready for the weekend.  I hung my head and started to complain that I had  not done my shopping, made beds, blah blah blah…-then I realized…I am probably making her feel terrible!  She asking me to lunch a few days before I had guests.  So I tried to change the subject and move on…she looked me right in the eye and said “don’t worry, I will be out at GiGi’s as soon as I drop the boys off at school in the morning-I am going to make all the beds!“.  While we were eating lunch a mutual friend, Julie stops by.  Julie always has a smile on her face, no matter what is going on in her life-she is like sunshine!  She is such a beautiful woman-inside and out.  Lisa is telling her that I am behind in my schedule for the weekend.  Without a stammer, Julie announces that she is stopping by on Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon, to help me host my guests!   Driving home, I have to admit…I got a little teary-eyed, and felt a big old weight lifted off of my shoulders.  What FABULOUS friends I have!  I have a couple of other friends, at different times, that have also totally put themselves aside to help me 'get ready'-Amy and Jamie.  And Mother GiGi-has came to my rescue more than once...Thank you girls for being in my life!

I thank the Lord every day for blessing me with Family, Friends, and GiGi’s-I am living a blessing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment